Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The power to change

Tonight I was having dinner with my chinese neighbours and we were talking about how to save money in the supermarket when you're living abroad. The conversation were focus on the eggs and the code number that shows you where the egg comes from and what's its quality and production method.

Well, the fact is that I told them that is possible to buy Organic-0 eggs for the price of a Caged-3 egg. You only have to change the eggs from one box to the other. They obviously told me that I can not do that... That's stealing! -she said. So I told her that although I don't use to do this kind of things, the spanish guys are told to be the most tricky guys in Europe so they probably do it. I said that it isn't too bad, that it is such a small crime that you don't even break the law, you just bend it!

She answered my with a dilapidating sentence: In China I can not break the law.

And I answer with Martin Luther King's speech (I have to admit I was pedantic at that time):

"There are just laws and there are unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that an unjust law is no law at all... One who breaks an unjust law must do it openly, lovingly...I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law."

And here it comes the great sentence (we should learn from them):

-In China we cannot change the laws. Only he can do it. WE can break the rules but I just can bend them.

The power of change depends on how much noise are you able to do. If you're the only one shouting in the dark, you'd probably get ignored. But if there's more than one voice, if the voices shout too loud that it's imposible not to heard them, then you can change the World.

2 comments:

  1. Lo que da de sí un huevo, buena entrada.

    sigue así.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misterioso comentarista anónimo: Muchas gracias! Seguiré asi! =)

    ReplyDelete